Swmmr Grrl

Nearly as exciting as watching someone swim laps

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

FA(S)T SWIMMERS

5x 200 M (100 Free, 50 Back, 50 Breast)
2 x 100M (medley)
50M cool down
=======
1250 M (approx. 35 minutes)

It's Easter vacation in my swim club, so I went swimming at Værløse Swimming Pool instead. I showed up 90 minutes before closing time and there was plenty of space giving me a lane of my own.

Usually the only people faster than me look like athletes and I'm faster than a lot of swimmers who look like athletes. Today however was different. There were numerous swimmers as fast or faster than me, and what was amazing was that they were also as fat or fatter than me.

As much as I like total domination in the pool, it pleases me to see a really *wide* range of fast swimmers. It's what I love about the sport. You can look really out of shape, but you can really make waves once you're in the pool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home