Swmmr Grrl

Nearly as exciting as watching someone swim laps

Monday, January 17, 2011

HEEL SPURRED

2 x 200m - 100 free, 50 back, 50 breast
100M free
=========
500M (about 12-15 minutes or so)

So as you can see from the abscence of updates on this blog, that something must have been wrong. Unfortunately I started having foot problems in September and it turns out that I had a heel spur/plantar fasciitis.

After several months of R&R my foot is doing much better, but unfortunately it has meant many changes - for example that I currently can't go barefoot. Since I didn't have any bath sandals and there's a long walk through the locker/shower rooms to the pool, this was one of the many reasons that kept me out of the water.

However on Wednesday, after purchasing some bright pink shower sandals, I was finally able to give swimming a try again. There was some minor discomfort in my arch, but otherwise the swim was fine. I decided to limit my swim to 500 meters the first time, but hopefully I'll be able to double it next time if I'm not experiencing any pain in my arch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home