Swmmr Grrl

Nearly as exciting as watching someone swim laps

Friday, July 24, 2009

EQUIPMENT TESTING

Værløse Swimming Pool

2 x 200 (100m crawl, 50 back, 50 breast)
7 x 50 crawl
===========
750m (forgot to look at clock)

I tested the new wetsuit that I bought (Aqualung Quantum Stretch Shorty) to see if I'll be wearing for the "Round Christiansborg" swim at the end of August. There is a lot of excess fabric around the shoulders and neck, but it seems like it might work out OK. Quite a bit of water entry while doing flip turns, but that won't be a problem during an open water race.

I was pretty tired before swimming, so I have a hard time judging whether the wetsuit made my swim easier or more difficult. Likewise I wasn't sweating profusely in the wetsuit, so I'm wondering how much of a difference it will make while swimming in colder water.

However no chafing, no binding, so it looks like the wetsuit should work out OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home