Swmmr Grrl

Nearly as exciting as watching someone swim laps

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

BABIES ABOUND

5 x 200 (100 crawl, 50 backstroke, 50 breaststroke)
=======
1000 m (approx. 25 minutes)

Had another Tuesday morning swim. There's always a lot of mothers with their babies when I come, because they have to get out of the warm water basin at 10 am. Try to imagine a locker room filled with 10 mothers and their infants. Makes me change and shower in a hurry, that's for sure.

I have to admit, I don't really get the whole "baby swimming" thing. It makes no difference for actually learning to swim, raises the risk for ear infections, and is a major pain-in-the-ass to deal with a wet squirmy baby. It really is just entertainment for the parents, IMHO. Oh sure, it's great with the closeness in the water, but the baby really doesn't get that much more of an experience than an ordinary bath would give it.

In any case, I had a great swim. Had the lane to myself the whole time, and that's always great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home