Swmmr Grrl

Nearly as exciting as watching someone swim laps

Thursday, August 21, 2008

LIMP WRIST

Took my son to Bagsværd Svømmehal and when I went down the slide after him to enter the pool, I slipped and fell as I was about to go down. Landed on my ass and my wrist. I could immediately tell the wrist was borked by stayed in the water for about 30 minutes so my son could have some fun in the water.

Now following the RICE protocol (Rest, Ice, Compresssion, Elevation) when I'm not typing, taking care of the kids etc.

I had been considering swimming in Amager Open Water and Christiansborg Rundt, but this injury definitely finalizes the decision I made last night that I wouldn't be competing because of too much stress as I wait to see if I'll be going to school or working this fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home