Swmmr Grrl

Nearly as exciting as watching someone swim laps

Monday, July 20, 2009

KITSILANO BEACH!

Kitsilano Beach and Swimming Pool

approx. 300 m open water crawl
3 x 137 m crawl
137 m breast
=======
848 meters

Had 2 great swims at Kits Beach! The first was a race around the roped swimming water in the ocean against my Kitsilano-based friend ArkanGL, who narrowly defeated me in our short race. I was honored to have an opponent with similar swimming skills and who was willing to enter the water with the risk of photos of the race being posted on the internet.

In order to honor his victory, I treated him to the entrance fee to the Kitsilano Public Swimming Pool. It is the most awesome pool I have ever swum in. Better than the pool at the top of the hotel we stayed in in Prague, better than the pool in Bagsværd with the great view of the trees behind it. This pool is so fantastically amazing that it merits a trip to Vancouver for the pool alone. Not only is it a mind-blowingly long 137 meter saltwater pool (didn't need the googles I forgot to bring with me), it has an amazing view of the ocean, Vancouver and the mountains behind it.
As I looked down at the pool at 8:30 pm with only two swimmers in it, I wished that I had had my hand stamped, so I could have had an extra go at it. (See photo here: http://twitpic.com/azb5c)

Just one of many reasons to return to Vancouver.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Fantastic pool!
    I didn't know pools longer than 50 meters even existed :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home